Saturday, June 16, 2012

Fanatic

This summer, I am at Texas A&M university to do research.  It is hard to be here because I miss everyone back home in GA and NC.  I have friends here too, but it is not the same.  They are not Jesus fanatics like I am.  I miss those that are part of my church family at school.  Those that follow the Lord fully and do not worry what others think.  Although, I did see this shirt (to the left) that showed that there have to be some Aggies (Texas A&M students of past and present) that do love the Lord.

It is hard to be a fanatic when others around you do not understand.  It is hard, but I have stood strong on my believes.  Some of those around me drink alcohol, and I do not believe in consuming it even if it is in small amounts.  I know how easily small amounts can turn into large amounts and I know how that changes people.

It is also hard that I cannot find a church here where they are also fanatics (that is within walking distance).  I have looked up several churches online, but I do not see any that really appeal to me.  I also have went to one and it seems like a good church, but they do not seem to be as fanatic in their worshiping as I have come to know at my church back at my home college.  I think that I have decided to listen to sermons online and also on iTunes on Sundays instead of going to a church.  I really like Brian Houston's sermons (from Hillsong Sydney).

Several songs that I have been listening to lately talk about being a Jesus fanatic and this leads me to keep looking for that church (or online sermons) where I can really find God's presence in the teachings.  Some of the songs that I have heard that have talked about this are Lecrae's Fanatic and Neysboys's Jesus Freak.

I have learned lately that I really need to stick to my beliefs even when those around me do not follow what I believe.  I love God and I am not afraid to tell the world about that.  I believe that I am a Jesus Freak.

No comments:

Post a Comment