Sunday, July 15, 2012

Things I Have Learned Recently

I have learned many things about faith and about God while I have been at Texas A&M.  First off, I have learned that it is harder to remember to worship and to get into God's word when those around you do not encourage you and participate with you in the worship.  At my home university, I have a group of friends who really love to worship God and to get into God's word.  Here, it is hard to find people like that, so I am thankful for those friends that I do have at my home university.  I am learning though how to be stronger in my faith so that when others around me are not practicing their faith or do not know Jesus, I can still praise and worship Him openly.


I have also learned the how amazing and complex all the things that God creates are.  I have been working with blowflies (flies whose larval form can often be found on dead things) this summer.  Specifically, I have been working with the Genus Lucilia.  Anyways,  I have learned that it is not hard work, but definitely complex work, taking care of flies.  The larval form eat on some kind of meat (I feed them cow liver) and the adults feed on some sort of sugar (I feed them honey).  I have just realized that everything that God creates is very complex and has a reason for being made.  These flies help to decompose organisms.  Imagine the world if we did not have decomposers; it would be a very stinky place to live.


I have also been reminded that humans, in their nature, are sinful.  I have learned this not only from seeing the people around me, but also from reading the Bible.  I have been reading in Leviticus with my boyfriend as we work through a chronological reading of the Bible.  In Leviticus, there are a bunch of laws that God gave Moses to tell His people to follow.  If they did not follow these laws, there are different types of offerings they could give in order to be forgiven of their sins.  God told them to partake in these offerings, because He knew we would sin.  I am just thankful that Jesus forgives me of my sins and was the ultimate sacrifice so that we do not have to make sacrifices anymore.  I am also thankful that God knew before He created Adam and Eve that humans would sin.  He knew that He would have to sacrifice His son, but He created man anyways.  I just think that is amazing love and I praise Him for this.

I hope to continue to learn things about God and become ever closer to Him as I continue my walk with Him. As an ending note, I saw this heart in the sand on a sidewalk after it had rained this week and I thought that it was really cool.  





Also, I saw these clouds and thought that they were gorgeous so I thought that I would post that picture also just to show the beauty of God's creations.







"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39 NKJV).

1 comment: